26 Mar Remembering every aspect of safety
While much focus is placed on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), it’s equally important you remain conscious of the basics of infection control measures at all times.
To avoid transmission and cross-contamination: all patient-facing employees must adhere to the following guidelines:
- You must be bare below the elbows when you are in clinical areas.
- No jewellery or watches on your arms (a wedding band is acceptable).
- Nails must be short without nail polish/gel/shellac/SNS etc.
- No lanyards, ties, scarves etc. that can brush up against a patient.
- Use the hand hygiene product or wash hands regularly and do not forget your wrists.
- Gentlemen – it’s time to get rid of the beard – if you have facial hair, you won’t be able to use an N95 mask properly (during aerosol-generating procedures) and will put yourself at increased risk.
- Long hair must be tied back and kept off your face.