17 Feb Monash Health Medication Safety Week 2020
Medications are one of the most common causes of harm in health care and can lead to serious adverse patient outcomes. It is estimated that close to 8 million doses are administered to patients at Monash Health each year. The Medication Safety and Therapeutics Committee (MSTC) works to improve prescribing, administration and storage of medications to reduce the risk of medication errors that can lead to patient harm. The MSTC is hosting its annual Medication Safety Week from 17th to 21st February 2020. The aim of this week is to improve awareness of safe medication practices at Monash Health and highlight issues such as medication storage and documentation.
Events being held during the week include:
- Medication safety quizzes at Casey, Clayton, Dandenong, Kingston and Moorabbin
- Display boards at Casey, Clayton, Dandenong, Kingston, Monash Children’s Hospital, Moorabbin and Thomas Street
- Medication safety online quiz (click here to access)
- Distribution of medication safety pens
- Medication Safety Photo Competition – Take a photo of yourself and/or your colleagues demonstrating Medication Safety practices and send it to us via email: MedicationSafety@monashhealth.org by Friday 28th February. (Any photos submitted may be displayed on the Medication Safety Week intranet page).
There will be prizes for the Medication Safety Photo competition and randomly selected participants in the online quiz who get all of the answers correct.
Visit the Medication Safety Week intranet page to find out more.