11 Sep Join this year’s Walking/Activity Challenge – Registrations still open
Your physical and mental health and wellbeing is crucial to our organisation and we are committed to supporting employees via a comprehensive calendar of events. We are pleased to be coordinating the annual Walking/Activity Challenge for the 12th year. It will run from 18 September – 12 November.
Visit www.monashhealth.org/walkingchallenge for more information on the Challenge.
“Having a happy, healthy working environment is one of the key ingredients of success for our people at Monash Health,” said Health and Wellbeing Coordinator Gaynor Henderson.
“The Walking/Activity Challenge forms part of what we offer to promote and support our people within our ‘Complete Health and Wellbeing Commitment’.”
We recognise that our work environment is busy and challenging so whether you are wanting to maintain or increase your activity level, improve your overall health, or just catch up with colleagues in a fun way – this is the challenge for you!
Keeping active is not only important for your physical health, it is also extremely important for your mental health. Exercise can boost your mood, concentration, alertness and can help give you a positive outlook on life.
Last year, many teams participating in the challenge reaped the benefits of taking even a short break away from their work area to have a quick walk. They returned feeling refreshed, more focussed and productive.
Among last year’s participants, the number of those achieving at least 30 minutes of activity on most days by the end of the Challenge increased by 36%. There was also a 30% increase in the number of participants who reported feeling “Good” or “Excellent’ overall wellbeing from the start of the challenge to its completion.
The Walking/Activity Challenge will consist of:
• Two divisions where teams can compete against other teams in a similar activity range
• Prize for the top three teams in the Advanced Division
• Prize for the top three teams in the Open Division
• Prize for the top three most improved teams
• Prizes for most improved individuals
• Two fun mini events along the way with prizes,
• Random prize draws
Comments from last year’s participants included:
• “I have been participating in the challenge for some years now and enjoy it. It motivates me and reminds me each year that I should be doing it on a regular basis. In fact, I do attempt to continue it for the remainder of the year.”
• “It was fun and inspired me to have the discipline to increase my activity at a time when I had become a bit lazy about it.”
• “Good fun with work mates. Made new friends. Changed habits as a result and will maintain.”
• “These types of events are great. We had lots of teams entered so we were tracking other teams within our department. It was a good way to improve/increase interaction. I also realised how inactive I am on work days and how it is important to get up and move.”
So get involved and join the Challenge now! Talk to your colleagues and get them on board so we can have a record number of participants in 2019.
If you are wanting to register contact: email@example.com
Visit the Monash Care Health and Wellbeing intranet page