12 Mar Improved outpatient appointment availability
Substantial initiatives are now in place to reduce wait times for outpatient appointment availability, while continuing to ensure emergency and inpatients are scanned within the required timeframe. Monash Health outpatients and privately referred patients, continue to be 100 percent bulk billed where Medicare criteria permits.
Some of the initiatives that have enabled Monash Imaging to achieve improvement of appointment availability for your patients are:
- updated and expanded fleet with state of the art technology including MRI, CT, PET, BMD, SPECT-CT and ultrasound machines
- improved strategies for scheduling appointments
- evening and weekend MRI service has opened to private and outpatients
- full MRI magnet licence granted for Monash Children’s Hospital
- SMS reminder service increasing confirmation rates with patients of their appointment
- appointment of a second Medical Physicist, together with our medical imaging technologists, radiologists and Nuclear Medicine Consultants review protocols ensuring scans are optimised with as low radiation as possible while maintaining high imaging quality
- Monash Imaging Client Relationship Manager to assist your private practice receive electronic downloads, access to Monash Imaging Vue Motion, supply referral pads and receive your feedback, and
- Many other significant and exciting initiatives are in progress.
Results from initiatives:
- CT same to next day availability across our sites for most examinations, with majority of reports completed within 24 hours
- DEXA waitlist has reduced by 8 weeks down to availability within 1 week
- significantly improved availability of MRI across sites
- world-renowned PET service availability within two-seven days
- a decrease in waitlist times across most ultrasound
- nuclear medicine availability has remained same to next day, despite world-wide Technecium-99 shortage and,
- overall waitlists have decreased with potential to offer same day to next day availability for certain examinations across some modalities and sites.
Monash Imaging encourages your ongoing outpatient and private referrals to support the continued improvement and innovation to patient care, in this dedicated Monash Health department.
We also welcome your feedback to support the continued improvement of our service delivery to you and your patients, by contacting our Client Relationship Manager, Kristy Grossmann.
E: Kristy.Grossmann@monashhealth.org M: 0466 366 447