03 Apr Important changes in the EMR
To support the safe and effective care of patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, we have made important updates in the EMR.
These include a new or updated:
- clinical alert identifying suspected or confirmed COVID-19 patients
- banner bar reflecting the COVID-19 clinical alert (please remember to check all alerts for your patient)
- order set specific to COVID-19 initial investigations
- decision support for nebulisers minimising the potential for droplet spread of viral particles
- nursing Powerforms to include COVID-19 related screening questions
- wards, locations and speciality unit information to support the COVID-19 model of care
- doctor workflow screens to allow direct access to the Goals of Care form
- nursing care plans for the documentation of COVID-19 patient care
- Quick View Vitals to include ‘respiratory symptoms’ and ‘Work of breathing’
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with these as a priority. For detailed information about these changes, please click here.
These updates have been made in collaboration with the Infection Prevention team and will help you respond to the current COVID-19 situation.
Further updates are currently being made and we will share these as soon as they become available.
If you have any questions regarding the EMR, please contact EMR Help Desk 47255, option 2.